2019 University of Rio Grande Jake Bapst Scholarship
Two Year Full Tuition Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills and Ohio Valley Christian Schools).
- One student will be chosen from each high school. The top 12 qualified applicants will be awarded a 2-year full tuition scholarship to Rio Grande Community College.
- All applications will be considered when selecting the top recipients. Please note: This does not guarantee a winner from each High School in the four county area.
In addition to the application, please attach a typed response (double spaced and 12 point font required) for the following questions:
- List your school involvement (including clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- List your community involvement (including charities, church organizations, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- In 500 words or more, please answer the following: a. Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study; b. Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
To download an application, please click here.
Please mail the above requirements to: University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College - Office of Admissions, Attn: Taylor Noel, P.O. Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674 (Students are responsible for mailing their own application and materials to Rio.)
Deadline: Completed application and resume materials should be returned to Taylor Noel in the Admissions Office by January 15, 2019.