2019 Jackson County Farmers' Club Scholarship
$500 scholarship award
Criteria for Basis of Award:
- Applicant must reside in Jackson County.
- Applicant must have an application on file in the Office of Admissions of the college of their choice at the time of submission.
- Applicant should have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) in high school.
- Participation in school and community activities and evidence of leadership will be taken into consideration.
- The scholarship must be used toward a degree in an agricultural-related field of study and at a college or university that is accredited by the North Central Association or similar organization in other regions. Note: Priority will be given to agricultural-related field of study; however, if no applications are submitted meeting that criteria, consideration will be given to applicants who have a strong agricultural background (4-H, FFA, raised on a farm, etc.) but not pursuing a degree in an agricultural-related field of study.
Application Procedure: Applicant must complete and submit the following in an appropriate folder to the Farm Service Agency Office, 2026 Fairgreens Rd., Jackson, OH 45640.
- Completed scholarship application form typed or legibly printed in black ink.
- One portrait photo mounted in the space provided on the application form.
- One official transcript of high school grades including ACT scores.
- At least on letter of recommendation from a high school teacher and/or guidance counselor.
To download an application, please click here.
Scholarship deadline: April 18, 2019.