2019 Adena Health Foundation Scholarship
Every year, Adena Health Foundation announces the availability of new scholarship guidelines and the application form. Since 2002, scholarships totaling $804,000 have been awarded to qualified students who wish to enter healthcare professions from our 12-county service region. Our only expectations are:
- Recipients are obliged to do well in school, graduate and practice faithfully their professions.
- Recipients are asked to first consider Adena Health System as their employer of choice.
- Recipients are asked to begin giving to the Scholarship Fund at such time in the future as they are able.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.3.
- Must be residents of one of the counties considered by Adena Health System to be within its service area. Students must have permanent residences in the counties of Adams, Athens, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto and Vinton.
Applications are available for the fields of study listed below: (Please note special eligibility criteria pertaining to each field of study.)
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST –Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Doctoral program.
- SPEECH THERAPIST –Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Master’s/Graduate program.
- AUDIOLOGIST–Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Doctoral program.
- LICENSED PHYSICAL/OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT–Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Physical/Occupational Therapy program.
- RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST –Limited to Nuclear, CT, General (Diagnostic) X-ray, Ultra Sound, or Mammography. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to an approved Radiology program.
- NURSING–Limited to second-year students in an Associate’s Degree program, or students who have been accepted (or pending) in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program, including Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist applicants. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the program.
- MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST or MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST–Limited to second-year students accepted into the Bachelor’s Degree (MT) program or students accepted in an Associate’s Degree (MLT) program. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the program.
- MEDICINE –Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Medical School.
- PHARMACY–Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Pharmacy School.
For more information and to download the application, please visit: https://www.adena.org/files/resources/2019-scholarship-application-ahf.pdf
Deadline: Applications MUST be received at the Adena Health Foundation, 9 South Paint Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601 no later than 4:00 p.m., May 20, 2019, or postmarked on or before this date. Applicants must provide with the application, proof of admission to the academic program of choice. Proof of admission to a college or university does not always constitute admission to the specific program. If admission to the specific program is pending, please indicate “pending” in the application and provide proof as soon as it is available. Such applications will be put on hold until proof is received.