- Category: Scholarships
2018 Ohio Gas Association Foundation Scholarship
The Ohio Gas Association is please to offer a scholarship porgram to students who plan to pursue a career in the natural gas industry or related energy field. An interest in the natural gas field is suggested, although those interested in general business curricula are also invited to apply, since those majors are also applicable to the industry. Please see the list of accepted majors online or on the application information - there are over 50 majors on the list.
Minimum Applicant Criteria:
· Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
· Must have a career goal in the crude oil and natural gas industry, or related energy field.
· Must be an OHIO resident attending, or planning to attend an accredited OHIO college, university, technical, or trade school.
· Must have and maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 or higher.
· Completion of three-page application, signed and dated.
· Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer or other mentor figure. Note: Recommendations from
family members are not acceptable
· An essay consisting of no less than 250 words, and no more than 500 words, describing personal and career goals, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, awards/recognitions, community service, work history, financial
needs, and personal or family influences.
·High School Transcript for highest level of education received
·ACT and/or SAT test scores, if applicable.
To apply for the scholarship online, please go to: http://www.ohiogasassoc.org/scholarship/scholarshipapplication/. Click on Scholarship Fund and select "Online Application" from the drop-down box. If you need further information, select "Scholarship Guidelines & Application" from the drop-down box.
To download a paper application, please click here.
Return the completed application and attachments to the following address: Ohio Gas Association Scholarship Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Awards, 137 E. State Street, Columbus, OH 43215.