Due to a Waiver Day, classes will not be in session Friday, October 19.
2019 University of Rio Grande District Counselor's Scholarship
Four Year Full Tuition Scholarship to URG
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills and Ohio Valley Christian Schools).
- The highest qualified applicant will receive a four year full tuition scholarship to the University of Rio Grande.
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume stating any academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, employment history, and any special skills or accomplishments.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- An essay on the following topic, "Describe how you have demonstrated leadership skills, in and out of school." The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages.
To download an application, please click here.
Please mail the above requirements to: University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College - Office of Admissions, Attn: Taylor Noel, P.O. Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674.
Deadline: The completed application must be received by Taylor Noel in the Admissions Office by December 3, 2018. Students are responsible for mailing their own applications for this scholarship.