Category: Scholarships Scholarships
2021 University of Rio Grande District Counselor Scholarship
Full Four Year Tuition Scholarship to Rio
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume stating any academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, employment history, and any special skills or accomplishments.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (do not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages with 12 point font.
- You can choose either topic: 1.) If you could give advice to yourself as an incoming high school freshman, what would you say? Would you do anything different? or 2.) "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."-Nelson Mandela. Describe how you plan to use your education to make a change in the world. Tell us about how you would plan to make that change,and what obstacles you might encounter along the way.
To download an application, please click here.
Please mail the above requirements to: University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College - Office of Admissions, Attn: Michelle Kennedy, P.O. Box 326, Rio Grande, OH 45674.
Deadline: The completed application must be received by Michelle Kennedy in the Admissions Office by January 15, 2021. Students are responsible for mailing their own applications for this scholarship.