2019 E.B. Miller Memorial Scholarship
Sponsored by the Ohio Forestry Association
The purpose of the OFA Memorial Scholarship is to provide assistance toward forest resource education to quality students. Funds awarded may be used to pay or defray the cost of tuition, room, board, and/or laboratory fees.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship grant, the applicant must be:
- An Ohio resident
- U.S. citizen
- High school graduate accepted for admission to an approved college or university, junior college, or technical college with a two-year minimum program in forest resource education.
Selection: Selection of grant/scholarship recipients will be made by the Scholarship Committee of the Ohio Forestry Association Foundation. Preference will be given to students attending Ohio Colleges and Universities.
To apply online, please go to: https://www.ohioforest.org/page/Scholarship
To download an application, please click here.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
2019 Ohio State Fair Scholarships
In an effort to recognize outstanding Ohio youth and to help those interested in furthering their education, the Ohio Expositions Commission has established a scholarship program.
The purpose of these scholarships is to assist high school juniors and seniors (2018-2019) and graduates who are continuing their education at an accredited institution in an undergraduate course of study in any field.
Scholarships will be awarded to junior exhibitors during the Ohio State Fair. Applicants will be judged on scholastic standing, citizenship and leadership, Ohio State Fair participation, county fair participation, and financial need.
To apply online, please go to:
For information, please visit: http://ohiostatefair.com/scholarships/
Completed applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2019.
2019 Jackson County Farmers' Club Scholarship
$500 scholarship award
Criteria for Basis of Award:
- Applicant must reside in Jackson County.
- Applicant must have an application on file in the Office of Admissions of the college of their choice at the time of submission.
- Applicant should have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) in high school.
- Participation in school and community activities and evidence of leadership will be taken into consideration.
- The scholarship must be used toward a degree in an agricultural-related field of study and at a college or university that is accredited by the North Central Association or similar organization in other regions. Note: Priority will be given to agricultural-related field of study; however, if no applications are submitted meeting that criteria, consideration will be given to applicants who have a strong agricultural background (4-H, FFA, raised on a farm, etc.) but not pursuing a degree in an agricultural-related field of study.
Application Procedure: Applicant must complete and submit the following in an appropriate folder to the Farm Service Agency Office, 2026 Fairgreens Rd., Jackson, OH 45640.
- Completed scholarship application form typed or legibly printed in black ink.
- One portrait photo mounted in the space provided on the application form.
- One official transcript of high school grades including ACT scores.
- At least on letter of recommendation from a high school teacher and/or guidance counselor.
To download an application, please click here.
Scholarship deadline: April 18, 2019.
2019 Ohio News Media Scholarship
Any talented young person majoring in the following newspaper industry related fields: journalism, advertising, marketing, and communications. The Ohio News Media Foundation will award two scholarships of $2,000 each to students who are enrolled in an Ohio college or university.
For more information and/or to apply, please go to: https://www.ohionews.org/aws/ONA/pt/sp/scholarships
Scholarship deadline is April 19, 2019.
2019 Jackson County EMS / Wellston Fire Department Joint Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to provide two public safety certifications. Emergency Medical Technician (150 hours) and Firefighter 1 (180 hours).
- The concept behind this program is once both certifications are complete the individual will be able to start a career in Public Safety.
- The two courses could be completed within six months
and the individual could be eligible for hire in Ohio, making 35k to 60K in their first year.
- They are offering this Scholarship to all three
County schools districts and picking one from each district. There is
potential that if only one school applies and there are multiple
applicants we may offer more to one school.
- The value of this Scholarship is $2,000.00
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the completed application along with the following:
- Copy of your High School Transcript
- Three (3) original references.
To download the application, please click here.
Scholarship deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.