2018 Adena Health Foundation/ Healthcare Scholarships
The Adena Health Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships to students throughout Adena Health System's service area who are pursuing an education in healthcare. These scholarships are intended to promote education in a healthcare course of study while enhancing the availability of healthcare providers in the community.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA minimum of 3.3 and diploma or GED score of at least 550 and be residents of the counties considered by Adena Health System to be within its service area. For the current year, students must have permanent residences in the counties of Adams, Athens, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto and Vinton.
- Eligibility requirements for scholarships will be based on the needs of the hospital and subject to change. Current recipients must re-apply for continuing assistance.
- Employees of Adena Health System are eligible.
The Scholarship Review Process:
- Applications are first reviewed for completeness and eligibility. Applications that pass the first review will be evaluated by the committee; whereas, applications that do not pass the first review will not be considered.
- The committee will take into consideration academic performance, community and school involvement, and the quality of the application and the attention to detail.
- Each applicant will be notified of the results via U.S. mail or email.
- Applicants selected for scholarship awards and two guests will be invited to the Scholarship Awards Banquet to honor the achievement. The Banquet will be held in July at PACCAR Medical Education Center, located on the Adena Regional Medical Center campus.
Disbursement of Scholarship Funds:
- Funds will be paid directly to the school at the beginning of the school year and disbursed by the school on a pro rata basis over the school year.
- Recipients must maintain a GPA of no less than 3.3 in order for scholarship benefits to continue for subsequent quarters/semesters of the school year.
Scholarship applications can be accessed and downloaded for the Adena Health System website @ www.adena.org/foundation.
Paper applications are also available in the guidance office.
Scholarships are available for the fields of study listed below. Please note special eligibility criteria pertaining to each field of study.
- Physical Therapist - Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Doctoral program.
- Speech Therapist - Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Master's/Graduate Program.
- Audiologist - Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Doctoral program.
- Licensed Physical/Occupational Therapy Assistant - Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the a Physical/Occupational Therapy program.
- Radiology Technologist - Limited to Nuclear, CT, General (Diagnostic) X-ray, Ultra Sound, Mammography. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to an approved Radiology program.
- Nursing - Limited to second-year students in an Associate's Degree program, or students who have been accepted (or pending) in a Bachelor's or Master's program, including Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist applicants. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the program.
- Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technologist - Limited to second-year students accepted into the Bachelor's Degree (MT) program or students accepted in an Associate's Degree (MLT) program. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the program.
- Medicine - Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Medical School.
- Pharmacy - Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Pharmacy School.
Deadline: Applications MUST be received at the Adena Health Foundation, 9 South Paint Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601 no later than 4:00pm., Thursday, May 17, 2018, or postmarked on or before this date.
Important: Applicants must provide with the application proof of admission to the academic program of choice. Proof of admission to a college or university does not always constitute admission to the specific program. If admission to the specific program is pending, please indicate "pending" in the application and provide proof as soon as it is available. Such applications will be put on hold until proof is received.