2019 Adena Nursing Camp for Freshman and Sophomore High School Students
- Camp Dates: Session 1/June 10 - 12 & Session 2/July 8 - 10
- Times: 8:30am - 2:00pm
- Where: Adena Regional Medical Center: 272 Hospital Road, Chillicothe, OH 45601 / PACCAR Medical Education Center: 466 Hospital Road, Chillicothe, OH 45601
The Adena Nursing Camp is a three-day camp for high school Freshman and Sophomore students, who are interested in exploring "three days in the life of a nurse".
Students will have the opportunity to experience nursing at Adena in a variety of areas and specialties. This unique camp experience will allow students to shadow Adena nursing staff, learn about clinical care in both a simulated and real-life setting and provide an overall better understanding of healthcare career options. In addition to their experience, students will also become certified in Basic Life Support, issued by Adena Health System and The American Heart Association*.
To fully complete your Adena Nursing Camp application, please return the following forms and information to the address and name below by Friday, May 3, 2019 (Deadline date has been extended.)
- 2019 Nursing Camp Application - Form 1 (see download below)
- Copy of Drug-Free Club Membership/Participation (Letter from the School Guidance Office, Principal, etc.)
- Letter of Recommendation from School Official (Teacher, Principal, Guidance Counselor, etc.)
Students need to arrange their own transportation to Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe.
Download Applications: www.adena.org/NursingCamp
Please Return Application to: PACCAR Medical Education Center, Attention: Kim Cole-Bailey, 466 Hospital Road, Chillicothe, OH 45601 by Friday, May 3, 2019 (Date has been extended).
A Guide to Online Associate Degrees - https://www.bestcolleges.com/features/online-associate-degree/
A Guide to Online Bachelor's Degrees - https://www.bestcolleges.com/features/online-bachelors-degree/
A Guide to Online Master's Degrees - https://www.bestcolleges.com/features/online-masters-degree/
A Guide to Online Doctorate Degrees - https://www.bestcolleges.com/features/online-doctorate-degree/
2019 University of Rio Grande Allied Health Program Applications, Requirements & Deadlines
2019 URG Allied Health Programs:
- DMS (Diagnostic Medical Sonography) two- and four-year degree
- RAD (Radiologic Technology) two-year degree
- RCP (Respiratory Therapy) two-year degree
- PHT (Pharmacy Technician) one-year certificate
Programs That Do Not Have An Application Process or Required Courses Before Entering:
- Medical Office Assistant (two-year degree)
- Medical Coding & Billing (one-year certificate)
- Medical Transcriptionist (one-year certificate)
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certificate courses/programs
- EKG (or ECG Electrocardiogram Tech) certificate program
- HCA (Health Care Administration) Bachelor of Technical Studies or Professional Certificate
Other Programs in the School of Health and Behavioral Science:
- Psychology (two- and four-year degrees)
- Social Work (two- and four-year degrees)
- Sociology (two- and four-year degrees)
- Sports & Exercise Studies (two- and four- year degrees)
To download more information and the applications, please click here.
Deadlines: DMS, RAD, RCP deadline is April 1, 2019. PHT deadline is August 1, 2019.
Buckeye Hills Career Center is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available on the Buckeye Hills website, or may be picked up from the high school guidance office. Current sophomore students can enroll in Cyber Security, Advanced Robotics Manufacturing, Computer Electronics Engineering, Building Trades, Medical Office Assisting, Early Childhood Education, Culinary Preparation, Auto Collision Technology, Heating-Ventilation-Air Conditioning, Auto Service Technology, Agriculture & Diesel Mechanics, Criminal Justice, Cosmetology, Welding, and Diversified Health Occupations. For additional information, please contact the Award Winning Buckeye Hills Career Center or OHHS Guidance Counselor Karen Spees.