Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2020 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate study and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. In addition, Scholars are invited to participate in a special awards program and receive ongoing leadership-development support.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
Semifinalists will be required to provide a recommendation from a community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or executive director of a nonprofit organization, and must provide documentation to certify academic performance and financial need. Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a member of the selection committee.
For more information and to apply, please go visit https://www.reaganfoundation.org/education/scholarship-programs/ge-reagan-foundation-scholarship-program/
Scholarship Deadline: January 3, 2020
2020 University of Rio Grande Jake Bapst Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- All applications will be considered when selecting the top recipients.
Submit a copy of your high school transcript and ACT scores.
- List your school involvement (including clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- List your community involvement (including charities, church organizations, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- In 500 words or more, please answer the following: When you look back on your life in 20 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What people, things, accomplishments are needed? How does this scholarship fit into your plans for the future?
2020 United States Junior Chamber International (JCI) Senate Foundation Scholarship
Each year, the U.S. Junior Chamber International (JCI) Senate Foundation grants $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who plan to continue their education at accredited post-secondary colleges, universities or vocational schools. The number of grants awarded annually is at the discretion of the Foundation and must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study. Checks awarded will be made out in the name of the recipient and the educational institution of the recipient’s choice.
For more information concerning this scholarship and to download an application, please visit: http://www.usjcisenate.org/scholarship-program
Scholarship Deadline: Postmarked by January 24, 2020