Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2021 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
Scholarship Deadline: January 5, 2021
2021 National FFA Scholarship Program
The National FFA Scholarship Program applicationopens November 1. Whether students are planning on attending a specialized training program or seeking a four-year degree, the National FFA Scholarship Program has opportunities for all. Scholarships support FFA high school seniors and collegiate members as well as non-FFA students. Just one application is required for multiple scholarship opportunities totaling close to $2 million dollars. Everything students need to successfully complete the application can be found on the scholarship website. This year, we are also including how-to videos to assist students in completing the application and advisors on validating the student's application.
Access the scholarship application and resources at
2021 University of Rio Grande District Counselor Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume stating any academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, employment history, and any special skills or accomplishments.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (do not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages with 12 point font.
- You can choose either topic: 1.) If you could give advice to yourself as an incoming high school freshman, what would you say? Would you do anything different? or 2.) "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."-Nelson Mandela. Describe how you plan to use your education to make a change in the world. Tell us about how you would plan to make that change,and what obstacles you might encounter along the way.
2021 University of Rio Grande Jake Bapst Scholarship
Two Year Full Tuition Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2020-2022 academic year.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- All applications will be considered when selecting the top recipients.
- List your school involvement (including clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- List your community involvement (including charities, church organizations, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- Minimum 500 words response, double spaced, 12 point font. You can choose either topic: 1.) If you were chosen as the recipient of this scholarship, how impactful would this be to your college career? or 2.) When you look back on your life in 20 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What people, things, accomplishments are needed? How does this scholarship fit into your plans for the future?