Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2019 University of Rio Grande Jake Bapst Scholarship
Two Year Full Tuition Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills and Ohio Valley Christian Schools).
- One student will be chosen from each high school. The top 12 qualified applicants will be awarded a 2-year full tuition scholarship to Rio Grande Community College.
- All applications will be considered when selecting the top recipients. Please note: This does not guarantee a winner from each High School in the four county area.
In addition to the application, please attach a typed response (double spaced and 12 point font required) for the following questions:
- List your school involvement (including clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- List your community involvement (including charities, church organizations, etc.) and the time you have participated in each program.
- In 500 words or more, please answer the following: a. Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study; b. Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
To download an application, please click here.
Please mail the above requirements to: University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College - Office of Admissions, Attn: Taylor Noel, P.O. Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674 (Students are responsible for mailing their own application and materials to Rio.)
Deadline: Completed application and resume materials should be returned to Taylor Noel in the Admissions Office by January 15, 2019.
2019 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest
Any U.S. high school student in grades 9-12 attending a public, private, parochial, or home school is eligible.
First Place Winner receives $10,000.
Second Place Winner receives $3,000.
Five Finalist receive $1,000 each.
Eight Semifinalists receive $100 each.
Ten students receive honorable mention.
To apply, please visit: https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest
Deadline is January 18, 2019.
2019 Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperatives (REC) Scholarships
Are Your Parents Buckeye REC Members?
If so, you could win more than $5,100 in scholarships!
Buckeye Rural Electric is proud to present the following Children of Members Scholarships:
- First-place Buckeye REC award: $1,500
- Second-place Buckeye REC award: $1,200
- Third-place Buckeye REC award: $800
BREC’s first-place winner will compete for the Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives (OEC) scholarships in Columbus. Students must apply for the local BREC scholarships to qualify for the statewide competition. The potential total scholarship award for first place ($1,500) at Buckeye REC and first place ($3,650) at OEC is $5,150!
At the state level, the 24 awards range from $1,250 to $3,650. An in-person interview is required. All applicants must be a high school senior who resides with parents or legal guardians who are members of the cooperative. Other minimum requirements must be met. Applications and rules are found at www.buckeyerec.coop/scholarships. It’s preferable to complete the application online. The first two pages of each application can be filled in online before printing.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by Feb. 9, 2019. Scholarship finalist interviews will be held at our offices in Rio Grande around March 1, 2019. Successful applicants will receive additional information prior to that date.
The candidates will be evaluated initially by their scholastic record and personal achievements/school & community activities. After finalist are selected, the judging process will include a personal interview and test students’ knowledge of cooperatives.
Click to open the informative attachments:
Mail or deliver the application to:
Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.,4848 SR 325, P. O. Box 200,Rio Grande, OH 45674-0200, Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
Deadline: February 9, 2019
2019 Delma Roush Scholarship at Ohio State University
The annual distribution from this fund shall be used to award scholarships to incoming or current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, including ATI, who attended high school in Gallia, Meigs, or Jackson counties in Ohio.
First year recipients must have graduated in the top third of their high school class and attended a high school in Gallia, Meigs, or Jackson counties in Ohio.
The scholarship can be renewed if the recipient maintains a grade point average of 3.0 or higher at the end of each academic year.
To access the scholarship, please go to:
Deadline is February 15, 2019.