Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
2019 Foundation for Applachian Ohio Scholarship Opportunities
The Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO) is pleased to announce the availablility of post-secondary opportunities from donor established funds within FAO, many honoring the legacy of a friend or loved one.
Information regarding scholarships, eligibility and application guidelines can be downloaded in .pdf format from the Foundation's website, www.appalachianohio.org.
Deadline: Scholarship applications may be mailed or emailed to the Foundation. Mailed applications must be postmarked by March 15, 2019, and scanned and emailed applications must be received by March 15, 2019.
Some Regional Opportunities:
- The AK Steel Foundation Student Scholastic Award for Science, Technology, Math and Engineering with a particular emphasis on metallurgy.
- The Ora E. Anderson Scholarship for students pursuing studies associated with natural sciences.
- The Bob Evans and Wayne F. White Legacy Scholarship for students pursuing any post-secondary studies.
Some Geographic Specific Opportunities:
- The Bellisio Foods Scholarship for children and grandchildren of Bellisio employees.
To find more Scholarship Opportunities, go to www.appalachianohio.org > Click "GROW" > Click "Scholarships" > On the Scholarship page, go down to the middle of the page and click "Appalachian Ohio Scholarships" > Scroll through the various scholarships and requirements > Keep scrolling until you come to "Other Regional Scholarships" in blue. There you will find many scholarships available to collegebound seniors in many areas - there are a few for CCP Seniors.
BE SURE TO LOOK THROUGH ALL OF THESE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AND THEIR DEADLINES!
2019 Ohio Gas Association Foundation Scholarship
The Ohio Gas Association is please to offer a scholarship porgram to students who plan to pursue a career in the natural gas industry or related energy field. An interest in the natural gas field is suggested, although those interested in general business curricula are also invited to apply, since those majors are also applicable to the industry. Please see the list of accepted majors online or on the application information - there are over 50 majors on the list.
Minimum Applicant Criteria:
· Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
· Must have a career goal in the crude oil and natural gas industry, or related energy field.
· Must be an OHIO resident attending, or planning to attend an accredited OHIO college, university, technical, or trade school.
· Must have and maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 or higher.
· Completion of three-page application, signed and dated.
· Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer or other mentor figure. Note: Recommendations from
family members are not acceptable
· An essay consisting of no less than 250 words, and no more than 500 words, describing personal and career goals, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, awards/recognitions, community service, work history, financial
needs, and personal or family influences.
· High School Transcript for highest level of education received
· ACT and/or SAT test scores, if applicable.
To read about scholarship information and guidelines, please visit: https://www.ohiogasassoc.org/guidelines-application-form/
To apply for the scholarship online, please go to: https://www.ohiogasassoc.org/scholarship/scholarship-application/
To download a paper application, please click here.
Return the completed application and attachments to the following address: Ohio Gas Association Scholarship Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Awards, 137 E. State Street, Columbus, OH 43215.
2019 Gary W. Snyder Memorial Scholarship
The Gary W. Snyder Memorial Scholarship Program is an ongoing program available to graduating seniors attending high school in Jackson, Pike, Ross or Scioto County who are interested in pursuing higher education at Shawnee State University (SSU).
Under the program, a one-time scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded up to five students upon acceptance/enrollment at Shawnee State University. The scholarship money will be paid directly to Shawnee State University into the students' accounts.
To download the application form, please click here.
Note: This scholarship is eligible only for students attending Shawnee State University.
Students need to mail the completed applications to: MGC Holdings, LLC, Attn: Gary W. Snyder Memoral Scholarship Program, 1571 Shyville Road, Piketon, OH 45661
Deadline: Postmarked no later than March 15, 2019
2019 Scioto Foundation Scholarship
The 2019 Scioto Foundation online scholarship application is now available.
Who can apply? Those seniors who are planning to attend a college or university in the fall of 2019. Students from Scioto, Adams, Jackson or Lawrence counties in Ohio and Greenup or Lewis counties in Kentucky, who are pursuing an undergraduate, medical, or architectural degree are eligible.
Your application is considered complete only after the Scioto Foundation receives required letters of recommendation, current transcript of grades, and your personal essay.
For more information and to apply, visit: www.sciotofoundation.org .
Click on Scholarship application at the bottom of the page to apply.f
Deadline: Completed applications must be submitted before 5 p.m. Wednesday March 27, 2019.