Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.
Stand Up To Distracted Driving Scholarship
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- You are a high school senior who will be starting your college or university education in 2022.
- You are a U.S. citizen
- You have a current overall GPA of at least 3.0.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must submit a 1,000-word essay responding to the following prompt:
How has distracted driving affected your life? What ideas do you have to raise awareness of the dangers of distracted driving and prevent this behavior among young drivers?
Your essay should be double-spaced, with 12-point font and one-inch margins, and saved as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file with a file name that includes your first and last name.
In addition to your essay, you will need to submit a current academic transcript, contact information including your name, phone number, address, and email address, and a professional photograph of yourself.
To apply, please visit: https://www.kanoski.com/community-involvement/distracted-driving-scholarship
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2021
2022 University of Rio Grande District Counselor Scholarship
Four Year, Full Tuition Scholarship to URG
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be accepted to the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.20 along with a minimum ACT score of a 21 is required for qualification for this scholarship.
- Applicants must attend a high school in the four county (OH) service district of Jackson, Gallia, Meigs, and Vinton (including Buckeye Hills Career Center).
- Along with the application, students are required to submit a resume listing scholastic achievements, school and community involvement, and/or employment history.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation letters (not to include the high school guidance counselor)
- The essay should not exceed two (2) typed, double spaced pages with 12 point font.
- You can choose either topic:
- 1.) If you could give advice to yourself as an incoming high school freshman, what would you say? Would you do anything different?
- 2.) "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela. Describe how you plan to use your education to make a change in the world. Tell us about how you would plan to make that change, and what obstacles you might encounter along the way.
To download an application, please click here.
Please mail the above requirements to: University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College - Office of Admissions, Attn: Jessica Deweese, P.O. Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674.
Deadline: The completed application must be received by Jessica Deweese in the Admissions Office by December 3, 2021. Students are responsible for mailing their own applications for this scholarship.
2022 Burger King Scholarship
$1,000 to $50,000 Scholarships Available Now!
High school seniors, Burger King employees, their dependent children, spouses, or domestic partners in the U.S. Canada, Puerto Rico and Guam can apply to receive $1,000 to $50, 000 scholarships.
For more information or to apply, please visit: bk-scholars.com
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
2022 Marshall University Yeager Scholarship
- A recommended minimum composite score of 30 on the ACT or a minimum of 1360 total on the SAT from a single test date
- A minimum 3.5 high school cumulative, unweighted GPA
- An excellent record of academic achievement in high school
- A record of notable and dynamic contributions in extracurricular activities at your school and/or in your community
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and actions in and outside the classroom
- Ambition, maturity, and self-discipline
- Wide breadth of creative and intellectual strengths
Deadline: The application will close Dec. 15, 2021.