2019 Ohio Gas Association Foundation Scholarship
The Ohio Gas Association is please to offer a scholarship porgram to students who plan to pursue a career in the natural gas industry or related energy field. An interest in the natural gas field is suggested, although those interested in general business curricula are also invited to apply, since those majors are also applicable to the industry. Please see the list of accepted majors online or on the application information - there are over 50 majors on the list.
Minimum Applicant Criteria:
· Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
· Must have a career goal in the crude oil and natural gas industry, or related energy field.
· Must be an OHIO resident attending, or planning to attend an accredited OHIO college, university, technical, or trade school.
· Must have and maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 or higher.
· Completion of three-page application, signed and dated.
· Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer or other mentor figure. Note: Recommendations from
family members are not acceptable
· An essay consisting of no less than 250 words, and no more than 500 words, describing personal and career goals, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, awards/recognitions, community service, work history, financial
needs, and personal or family influences.
· High School Transcript for highest level of education received
· ACT and/or SAT test scores, if applicable.
To read about scholarship information and guidelines, please visit: https://www.ohiogasassoc.org/guidelines-application-form/
To apply for the scholarship online, please go to: https://www.ohiogasassoc.org/scholarship/scholarship-application/
To download a paper application, please click here.
Return the completed application and attachments to the following address: Ohio Gas Association Scholarship Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Awards, 137 E. State Street, Columbus, OH 43215.
2019 Gary W. Snyder Memorial Scholarship
The Gary W. Snyder Memorial Scholarship Program is an ongoing program available to graduating seniors attending high school in Jackson, Pike, Ross or Scioto County who are interested in pursuing higher education at Shawnee State University (SSU).
Under the program, a one-time scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded up to five students upon acceptance/enrollment at Shawnee State University. The scholarship money will be paid directly to Shawnee State University into the students' accounts.
To download the application form, please click here.
Note: This scholarship is eligible only for students attending Shawnee State University.
Students need to mail the completed applications to: MGC Holdings, LLC, Attn: Gary W. Snyder Memoral Scholarship Program, 1571 Shyville Road, Piketon, OH 45661
Deadline: Postmarked no later than March 15, 2019
2019 Scioto Foundation Scholarship
The 2019 Scioto Foundation online scholarship application is now available.
Who can apply? Those seniors who are planning to attend a college or university in the fall of 2019. Students from Scioto, Adams, Jackson or Lawrence counties in Ohio and Greenup or Lewis counties in Kentucky, who are pursuing an undergraduate, medical, or architectural degree are eligible.
Your application is considered complete only after the Scioto Foundation receives required letters of recommendation, current transcript of grades, and your personal essay.
For more information and to apply, visit: www.sciotofoundation.org .
Click on Scholarship application at the bottom of the page to apply.f
Deadline: Completed applications must be submitted before 5 p.m. Wednesday March 27, 2019.
2019 Atomic Credit Union Scholarship
The applicant must be a 2019 graduating senior of a high school or technical school, and have plans to enroll or be currently enrolled in an accredited school of higher education, such as a college, university, business or technical school as a full-time student in the summer or fall of 2019. The applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
The applicant must be a current member of the Atomic Credit Union with the account being opened prior to December 31st, 2018.
The following information must be submitted in a large manila envelope and received at any of our thirteen office locations no later than 5:00 PM on Sunday, March 31st, 2019. Our office locations are: Athens, Beaver, Chillicothe, Jackson, Logan, Lucasville, Minford, Oak Hill, Piketon, Portsmouth, Waverly, General Mills and Wellston.
1. Completed application form provided by Atomic Credit Union.
2. Official copy of the applicant’s 7th semester transcript, which lists accumulative GPA.
3. Official ACT or SAT results listed on transcript of grades, and rank in class.
4. Handwritten essay, 200 words maximum, on the following question: "What does it mean to you to be a member of a Credit Union? Handwriting must be legible.
To download an application, please click here.
(Paper copies are also available in the guidance office.)
Deadline: Information must be submitted in a large manila envelope and received at an of the thirteen Atomic Credit Union offices (Oak Hill Atomic Credit Union) no later than 5:00pm on Sunday, March 31, 2019.
The 2019 Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) / David V. Stivison Appalachian Community Action Scholarship Fund
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the 30-county COAD service area for a least on year before the application deadline.
- Reside in a household with a total annual income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Have obtained or will obtain a high school degree or GED.
- Show proof of acceptance by an accredited 2-year or 4-year institution of higher education.
To download information and an application, please click here.
Applications must be submitted to the appropriate COAD-member Community Action Agency that serves the county where the applicant resides . Jackson-Vinton C.A.A., 118 South New York Ave., Wellston, Ohio 45692. Telephone # 740-384-3722, Fax # 740-384-5815. Executive Director: Cheryl Thiessen. Counties: Jackson & Vinton.
Deadline:The completed application must be submitted (postmarked) to the appropriate Community Action Agency (see above) by April 1, 2019.
Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.