2019 Oak Hill Ministerial Association Scholarship
Our intent is to encourage young Christian leaders by offering this scholarship to help further their vocational goals. The amount of the scholarship is $500 to be given to one Christian young man or woman.
The successful applicant(s) must:
- Be a young Christian man or woman
- Live in the Oak Hill School District
- Is a graduating Senior of Oak Hill High School
- Is an active member of a church (does not have to be within the school district)
- Submit a complete application (including all necessary letters of reference and other supporting materials) by the stated deadline.
- Financial need is a possible consideration if two or more acceptable applicants apply and are being considered.
- Priority will be given to applications from those who are seeking lifetime ministry service
- If minimum requirements are not met by anyone the scholarship will not be awarded that year, but held for future scholarships.
In addition to the application, you will need two (2) written references:
- Pastor's Reference (preferred) or Spiritual Mentor
- Non-Relative Adult Character Reference (teacher, coach, employer, neighbor, etc.)
- Transcript of Grades
To download a copy of the guidelines, please click here.
To download an application, please click here.
Paper applications are also available in the guidance office.
Deadline: Friday, May 3, 2019 to the guidance office.
2019 TransCanada Scholarships
In January 2017, TransCanada launched its first-ever, internally administered [TCScholarships.com]scholarship program for students pursuing post-secondary education. At TransCanada, we believe that helping students succeed helps communities succeed. Our scholarship program was created based on an understanding that support for education is not only important to our business, but also important to communities.
In 2018, TransCanada received over 2,500 applications and more than 450 scholarships were awarded to students from 298 different communities across North America. In the United States, we award three different scholarships based on community leadership, indigenous legacy, and trades. Our criteria focuses on leadership skills and community involvement, not solely academic performance. Students receive financial support directly, no through a post-secondary tuition account, so they can remove whatever barriers to education they may have, such as transportation, tuition, room and board, books, or meals.
Interested applicants may visit https://www.tcscholarships.com/us/ to see if they pre-qualify for the scholarship, before even filling out the rom.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship is May 17th at 11:59:59p.m.
2019 Adena Health Foundation Scholarship
Every year, Adena Health Foundation announces the availability of new scholarship guidelines and the application form. Since 2002, scholarships totaling $804,000 have been awarded to qualified students who wish to enter healthcare professions from our 12-county service region. Our only expectations are:
- Recipients are obliged to do well in school, graduate and practice faithfully their professions.
- Recipients are asked to first consider Adena Health System as their employer of choice.
- Recipients are asked to begin giving to the Scholarship Fund at such time in the future as they are able.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.3.
- Must be residents of one of the counties considered by Adena Health System to be within its service area. Students must have permanent residences in the counties of Adams, Athens, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto and Vinton.
Applications are available for the fields of study listed below: (Please note special eligibility criteria pertaining to each field of study.)
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST –Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Doctoral program.
- SPEECH THERAPIST –Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Master’s/Graduate program.
- AUDIOLOGIST–Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the Doctoral program.
- LICENSED PHYSICAL/OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT–Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Physical/Occupational Therapy program.
- RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST –Limited to Nuclear, CT, General (Diagnostic) X-ray, Ultra Sound, or Mammography. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to an approved Radiology program.
- NURSING–Limited to second-year students in an Associate’s Degree program, or students who have been accepted (or pending) in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program, including Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist applicants. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the program.
- MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST or MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST–Limited to second-year students accepted into the Bachelor’s Degree (MT) program or students accepted in an Associate’s Degree (MLT) program. Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to the program.
- MEDICINE –Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Medical School.
- PHARMACY–Applicants must provide a letter of acceptance to a Pharmacy School.
Deadline: Applications MUST be received at the Adena Health Foundation, 9 South Paint Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601 no later than 4:00 p.m., May 20, 2019, or postmarked on or before this date. Applicants must provide with the application, proof of admission to the academic program of choice. Proof of admission to a college or university does not always constitute admission to the specific program. If admission to the specific program is pending, please indicate “pending” in the application and provide proof as soon as it is available. Such applications will be put on hold until proof is received.
2019 BBB Center for Ethics "Students of Integrity Scholarship"
BBB Center for Ethics awards annual scholarships to high school seniors who best represent ethics and a willingness to interact thoughtfully with the concept, as demonstrated through the character, quality, and creativity of their videos and applications.
Applicants must create a 30 - 120 second video about an ethical dilemma, either real or fictional, encountered in school or work. Winning videos will showcase not just an ethical dilemma, but how it was resolved, whether positively or negatively, and its overall impact.
For more scholarship information and to apply, please visit: https://www.centerforethics.org/ethics-scholarship-program
To view the Scholarship Flyer, please click here.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online before 11:59 p.m.EST on June 7, 2019.
2019 Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship
Receive up to $2,500 to pursue Career and Technical Education!
To be eligible for the Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have completed high school (or earned high school equivalency credential) by Spring 2019
- Be enrolled in a 2-year or less career or technical degree/certificate program in Fall 2019 that will lead to employment
- Attend a not-for-profit post-secondary institution
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
To apply online, please visit: application.horatioalger.org
To download the flyer, please click here.
Scholarship deadline: June 15, 2019
Disclaimer: Linked sites are not under the control of the Oak Hill Union Local School District. The school district is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Oak Hill Union Local provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the materials contained within the site.